Filler treatments and skin boosters are both injectable aesthetic procedures, but beware of the differences: they have different goals and are used to treat different skin problems. In this article, we present some of the aspects in which they differ so that you can evaluate-after consulting an experienced physician-which of the two treatments is best suited to the problem you want to solve and the results you want to achieve.
Filler and skin booster, professional aesthetic treatments
What they have in common is that both treatments must be performed by qualified professionals and in a safe clinical environment. It is essential to consult an experienced physician for a complete evaluation and to determine which treatment is best suited to your specific needs.
Beware of differences
There are numerous differences between the two treatments. Following is the list.
Objective of filler and skin booster treatments
- Filler: They mainly aim to restore lost volume and reduce wrinkles and folds, such as naso-labial grooves or perioral wrinkles.
- Skin Booster: Aim to improve the overall quality of the skin by increasing its hydration, radiance and texture.
- Fillers: These are often hyaluronic acid-based, but can also include other materials such as calcium hydroxyapatite or polylactic acid.
- Skin Booster: These are also generally based on low molecular weight hyaluronic acid or other moisturizing and nourishing ingredients.
Depth of injection
- Fillers: Because they are to provide a “filling” effect and support facial structures they are injected deeper into or under the dermis.
- Skin Booster: Because their purpose is to moisturize and nourish the skin they are injected more superficially.
Durate of the effects
- Fillers: They are temporary in duration but the effects are more prolonged, lasting from 6 months to over a year, depending on the type of filler used.
- Skin Booster: The effects, which are temporary, generally last 3 to 6 months, and additional treatment sessions may be needed to maintain results.
Areas of application
- Fillers: These are filler treatments most commonly used for the face to treat wrinkles, improve contours, and sometimes for the lips. There are also fillers for other areas of the body always for filler and cosmetic enhancement purposes.
- Skin Booster: Can be used on various parts of the body, including the face, hands, neck and décolleté.
The time required for both treatments can vary depending on several factors such as the extent of the area to be treated, the type of product used, and the injection technique. However, in general, here are some guidelines:
- Duration of the procedure: The filler treatment can take from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the number of injections and the areas to be treated.
- Preparation time: As with skin boosters, skin cleansing and topical anesthesia may be required, adding additional time.
- Recovery time: There may be slight swelling, redness or bruising that usually resolves within a few days. For some people, it may be necessary to take a day or two off to allow the skin to heal completely.
Skin Booster Treatment
- Duration of the procedure: The skin booster treatment can take between 20 and 60 minutes, depending on the areas treated.
- Preparation time: There may be a preparation period that includes skin cleansing and application of topical anesthesia, which can add about 20-30 minutes to the total time (To learn about all the stages of the treatment read the article
“How a skin booster treatment works: the steps”
- Recovery Time: Typically, recovery time is minimal, with slight redness or swelling usually resolving within a day or two.
- Filler: There may be some swelling or bruising that takes a few days to resolve.
- Skin Booster: They typically require little or no recovery time, although you may experience slight redness or swelling for a short time.
Fillmed NCTF Filorga 135 HA
Products in our store for aesthetic mesotherapy include.
Fillmed NCTF 135 HA
. Lidocaine-free filler treatment for the face, neck, and décolleté. Fillmed NCTF 135 HA acts via hyaluronic acid, which is the key component in skin volume, acting as a filling substance with natural moisturizing action of dermal tissues. The application of the product is reserved exclusively for professional health workers with appropriate qualifications.
Restylane skinboosters vital lidocaine
Among the products our store offers you.
Restylane skinboosters vital lidocaine
is among the most effective on the market. A skin booster gel based on NASHA 12mg/ml hyaluronic acid with lidocaine, Restylane skinboosters vital lidocaine is indicated to restore deep skin hydration and improve skin texture and elasticity for overall skin quality improvement of the face, hands, and décolleté. The application of the product is reserved only for professional health workers with appropriate qualifications.